Mugaksa was built to serve the military as a Buddhist center in 1971. Mugak-sa is located in the “May 18th Citizen’s Park” in Sangmu-jigu. It is the largest temple in Jeollanam-do, offering free Buddhist lunches, a gallery, a bookstore, conference facilities and temple-stays. The park is a ten-minute walk from Exit 3 of Uncheon subway station (Honam University). Directions to the park are posted at each intersection along the way.
- Address: Chipyeong-dong, San1, Seo-gu, Gwangju
- Tel: 062-383-0108
- Website: www.mugaksa.or.kr/
- Subway and bus stop: Uncheon Station (운천역) (Gwangju Bus Schedule)
- Lotus Book Cafe (로터스 북카페): Cappuchino, Cafemocha, Patbingsu (팥빙수)
- Lotus Gallery :
- Korean Painter Heo dal-yong jeon(한국화가 허달용전): Aug.10~ Aug.30
- Hwanginok “Ceramics, take art” (황인옥 ‘도자기, 예술을 입다’): Sep.1~Sep.10
- Korea, China, Japan international picture exhibition (한중일 국제사진 교류전) Sep.13~Sep.18
- Yeonsuhwe Taenghwa exhibition(연수회 탱화 작품전) Oct.1~Oct.10
- Hwang yeong-seong jeon(황영성 전) mid Oct.~ mid Nov.
- Traditional Tea House: “Sarangchae”
Menu: (woojeon) 우전, (sejak) 세작, (yellow tea) 황차, (boe tea) 보이차, (ohryong tea) 오룡차, (omi tea) 오미자, (jujube tea) 대추차, (maesil tea) 매실차, (pine needle tea) 솔잎차, (citron tea) 유자차, (chrysanthemum tea) 국화차, (ssanghwa tea) 쌍화차, (ginger tea) 생강차, (sikhye) 식혜, (wild flower tea) 야생꽃차, (deodeok juice) 더덕주스, (kiwi juice) 키위주스, (tomato juice) 토마토주스