Suncheon Bay is representative for the native ecosystem preserved as the original pattern of the disappeared costal mouth.
In particular, Suncheon Bay is very outstanding of dense reeds, the habitat for a winter of Black Cranes, birds, and tideland. These reeds not only provide the most important shelter and prey but also make a role to clean the nature. The beautiful S shape of Suncheon Bay is known as one of the best 10 sun set from photographers.
- Address: 53-1 Jangcheon-dong Jangmyeong-ro, Suncheon-si, Jeollanam-do
- Tel: 061-744-8111
- Buses: From Gwangcheon Bus Terminal (U-square), take an express bus to Jangheung. From Suncheon Bus Terminal, transfer to Suncheon Local Bus 67 to reach Suncheon Bay.
- Car: Gwangju – West Suncheon IC - Hohyun three-way of intersection - Dosa Elementary school - Suncheon Bay
Every May, Hanmadang is held for three days. Hanmadang is a traditional festival. Tourists can enjoy traditional Korean customs and folk cultural activities such as Gilnori traditional military arts, Namsadangpae rope dancing, and the Tug of War.
- Address: Dongnae, Namnae and Seonae Villages, Nag.an-myeon, Suncheon-si, Jeollanam-do
- Tel: 061-749-3893-3991
Website: www.nagan.or.kr (English)
- Operation hours: 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Fee: Adults: 2,000 won (per person)/ 1,500 won (per person with a group more than 30 people), Middle-High School Students & Soldiers: 1,500 won (per person)/1,000 won (per person with a group more than 30 people), Elementary School Students: 1,000 won (per person)/500 won (per person with a group more than 10 people)
- Buses: Take a direct bus From Gwangcheon Bus Terminal (U-square) to Suncheon (approx 1 hr 30 mins). bus starts form 5:30am to 11:00pm. Transfer to Suncheon Local Bus No. 61,63,68 to reach Nag.an-eupseong.
*For more information, please contact the Suncheon Express Bus Terminal at 061-752-2659 or the Suncheon Local City Bus Terminal at 061-744-4296.
- Address: 105-3 Sangsong-ri, Nag.an-myeon, Suncheon-si, Jeollanam-do
- Tel: 061-753-0035
- Fee: Adults: 5,500 won, Children: 3,500 won(under 7 ages),group: 5000 won( more than 20 people)
- taxi: From Nag.an-eupseong Folk Village to Nag.an Hot Spring (fee of appx 3000won)
*For more information, please contact the company directly.
Temple Stay at Songgwangsa 송광사
Songgwangsa is one of the three jewel monasteries (Buddha, Dharma, Sangha) with Tongdosa and Hae.insa. It is the Sangha jewel monastery because it has produced 16 national teachers whose portraits are still enshrined in the Hall of Teachers (Guksajeon, National treasure No.56) at Songgwangsa. This temple owns various Buddhist cultural properties that are national treasures, including Mokjosamjohnbulgam (a carved wooden case for three noble Buddhas).
Address: 12 Sinpyeong-ri, Songgwang-myeon, Suncheon-si, Jeollanam-do
- Tel: 061-755-5306~7
- Website: www.songgwangsa.org
Directions: From Gwangcheon Bus Terminal (U-square), take a bus to Suncheon. From Suncheon, take a bus 111 directly to Songgwangsa. For more information on transportation to Suncheon and the temple, please visit this site: www.suncheon.go.kr/home/english
The Love and Ambition Drama Set; Seoul Dal Dongnae (Hillside Homes) 사랑과 야망 드라마 세트장 (서울 달동네)
One can see the traditional Korean-style housing and hillside homes (dal dongne) in this location.
Address: 22 Jorye-dong, Suncheon-si, Jeollanam-do
Operation hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily
Fee: Adults: 3,000 won (per person)/2,500 won (per person with a group more than 20 people);Youths: 2,000 won (per person)/1,500 won (per person with a group more than 20 people); Children: 1,000 won (per person)/800 won (per person with a group more than 20 people)
Directions: From Gwangcheon Bus Terminal (U-square), take a bus to Suncheon. From Suncheon, take bus 777 (every 30 mins.), 77 (every five mins.) or 99 (every 20 mins.) directly to the set.