Currently there is only one mosque in Gwangju with Muslims in the city coming from various countries including Bangladesh, Egypt and India.
The mosque, Gwangju Islamic Da’wah Centre(Masjid Umar Bin Khattab, 우마르 빈 카탑 성원), is managed by the Korean Muslim Federation (KMF 한국이슬람교중앙회). This organization represents Muslims and safeguards their interests in Korea. Please call, fax or e-mail to participate in any of the following activities at this mosque:
- Juma Prayer (Every Friday at 12:45 pm)
- Get together (Quran study followed by free dinner every Saturday evening at 8:30 pm)
- Visits to the Mosque (Special Islamic cultural visits arranged on request. These visits include lectures, videos, food)
- Cooking classes (Recipes of various Islamic countries. Booking required.)
- Islamic literature in Korean is also available.
- Orientation program for new Muslim Converts.
- Taraweeh prayers in the month of Ramadan & Eid prayers.
- Tableegh Jamaat also visits the Mosque every few months.
- Address: 284-13, Yangsan-Dong, Buk-Gu, Gwangju 광주 북구 양산동 284-13
- Tel: 062-972-5136
- Fax: 062-972-5135
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.quran.or.kr/gwangju (English)
- Bus stop: KT&G Gwangju Jejochang Humoon (KT&G 광주연초제조창 후문) (Gwangju Bus Schedule)
Halal food shop is situated on the first floor of Gwangju Islamic Da’Wah Centre. Currently, it is the only Halal Food shop available within Gwangju.Following is the information related to halal food shop.
Halal Food vendor’s Name is Qasim Khan from Pakistan. His Contact # is 010-2892-0784
A variety of Halal food (Continental spices, Meat, Chicken, Basmati Rice, Flour) and Calling Cards are also available at the shop