Korean Language Education Centers
- Gwangju International Center (GIC)
The GIC holds six semesters of Korean Language Classes per a year. Students who are interested in studying during the weekdays can attend two-hour classes twice a week over seven week periods. The tuition fee is 80,000 won, exclusive of 10,000 won GIC membership fee. Beginner and intermediate classes are also held for two hours every Saturday for seven weeks and the tuition fee is 50,000 won, exclusive of 10,000 won GIC membership fee. Please note that the tuition fee is non-refundable after the first week of the class.
- Address: 5th fl, Jeon.il Building, Geumnamno 1(il)-ga, Dong-gu, Gwangju 501-758
- Tel: 062-226-2733/ 34
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.gic.or.kr
- Language Education Center in Chonnam National University
There are two types of language classes offered in Chonnam National University: Intensive Courses and Regular Courses. Intensive Korean language program is aimed at foreigners with a minimum high school diploma or equivalent and at Koreans raised overseas who wish to acquire Korean culture, tradition, and customs as well as Korean language in a systematic manner. The focus of the program is to provide a learner-oriented class where students actively participate after they are assigned to their classes according to the placement test results. In addition to the language learning in classrooms with various audio-visual materials, students will have chances to visit famous cultural sites and learn about the historical backdrop of Korean society.
The regular language program is aimed at foreigners and foreign students who wish to acquire Korean as a second language in a systematic manner. The course is taught over six sessions per year ranging from levels 1 to 6. To apply, please contact the language education center to take a placement interview. Each session runs for a period of seven weeks and classes are one hour long and take place from Monday to Friday. These details are subject to change. You can check out more detailed information on the websites for Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Molgonia, Russian, Spainish, Korean, and other languages.
- Address: Language Education Center Chonnam National University, Yongbong- dong, Buk-gu, Gwangju 500-757
- For more information, please contact at 062-530-3648
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://language.jnu.ac.kr/korean/subContents/02/US/0201020000.asp?pageKey=29
- Language Education Institute in Chosun University
Chosun University holds five classes of their Korean Language Program every semester and each semester will last 16 weeks. Only students who have graduated or are going to graduate from international or domestic high schools may apply to this program. There is an application fee of 100,000 won, and if accepted by the department, tuition fees for the semester will include dormitory charges for six months and insurance coverage for a year. For languages like Arabic, Chinese, German, Spainish, Vietnamese, etc. the following refer to: -
- Address: 375 Seoseok-dong, Dong-gu, Gwangju 501-759
- For more information, please contact the department directly at 062-230-6497
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: lei.chosun.ac.kr